Optimizing Internet Connection and Speed: FIOS Gateway Rou
Oyiwaa

Hello, I recently upgraded my FIOS to 75/75 and purchased the new Gateway Router -- I used to have the ActionTech MW... Rev 1.

The speed is ok, but I am experiencing wireless disconnections at some parts of my house, and slow network connection with devices wired via MOCA adapter. Here is the equipment layout.

1). Gateway Wireless Router in the living room: provides wireless service to 2 MacBook Pros; 1 PC, and 3 Smartphone. Also wired ethernet connection to Network Printer in the same living room.

2). 1 MOCA adapter (ECB2500V) in the Living Room: Connects to the ONT through a coax wall jack. A Netgear GS105 Switch connect to the MOCA and provides wired (RJ45) service to entertainment center devices - DVD, AVS Receiver, BluRay Player. A

3). 1 MOCA adapter (ECB2500V) in the Bedroom: Connects to the ONT through a coax wall jack. A Dlink Go-Sw-5G provides wired (RJ45) service to entertainment center devices - DVD, AVS Receiver, BluRay Player.

4). 1 MOCA adapter (ECB2500V) in the Basement: Connects to the ONT through a coax wall jack. A Netgear FS108 Switch connect to the MOCA and provides Provides wired (RJ45) service to PS4 and 1 PC

Now, I wanted to know a couple of things:

a). Do I need to connect at least one of the MOCA adapters to the wireless router to take advantage of the router's speed and security capabilities. This would entail running an ethernet cable throughout the house, which I have been avoiding, hence the choice of the MOCA.

b). Secondly, I know that the Dlink and the Netgear FS108 are gigabit switches, hence capable of handling greater throughput. Do I need to change the FS108 to another gigabit switch, to ensure they are all compatible?

c). What other advice would you give to increase speed of the wired and wireless network?

Thanks in advance --- cheers, MN

0 Likes