Ordered Quantum 50/25, no speed difference
nomad41

Hello,

I checked my order number via http://verizon.com/whatsnext and it says installation is complete for my bundle renewal that included a new speed upgrade from 15/5 to 50/25. I reset the FiOS router as well as all of my own equipment (computers, switches, routers, etc.) and ran the Mac optimizer as well, to no avail. I'm using an ethernet connection (10/100/1000), of course. And I used both the Verizon speed tester and speedtest.net.

When does the upgrade actually kick in? The email I got about the order has the subject line Please Verify Your Order for some reason, and there is no verification link. It also says that I would get a second email telling me when everything was complete, but I never got that email (even though checking the order number manually displays that the order was complete).

Do I just have to call them up, or can a VZ agent help me with this online? I'm a little busy this week and it'd be kind of hard to stay on the line, and I wouldn't be at home either.

0 Likes
Re: Ordered Quantum 50/25, no speed difference
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

When I upgraded my Quantum package not to long ago the increased speed appeared overnight.  If that hasn't happened for you, you might right rebooting your ONT.

Considering all the other steps you've taken, if rebooting the ONT doesn't to the trick you will have to contact Verizon tech support and have them look into why you aren't seeing the upgrade.