Outlook E-mail settings
gmhjr2

I recently heard that Verizon has new settings for the e-mails users of Outlook. Is this true, and where do I find the settings?  I heard I received an e-mail on this from verizon, but I must have deleted it. 

0 Likes
Re: Outlook E-mail settings
prisaz
Legend

@gmhjr2 wrote:

I recently heard that Verizon has new settings for the e-mails users of Outlook. Is this true, and where do I find the settings?  I heard I received an e-mail on this from verizon, but I must have deleted it. 

A quik search on this board found the correct settings and keeps me from having to type them in. I am running the same setup and all works fine, as posted by Somegirl. If you find her posting useful click on kudos for her.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Sync-with-Outlook-2007-problem/m-p/147055#M10804

VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

@gmhjr2 wrote:

gmhjr2,

If you are using 3rd party email (i.e. anything other than Verizon webmail) with a client (Outlook, Thunderbird, Mac Mail, etc) then you will need to set the SMTP outbound port to 587 rather than the default port 25.

This is being done in the name of spam prevention.  For a much more thorough explanation, please visit www.verizon.net/port25.

Regards,

Chris

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@VZ_Christian wrote:

@gmhjr2 wrote:

gmhjr2,

If you are using 3rd party email (i.e. anything other than Verizon webmail) with a client (Outlook, Thunderbird, Mac Mail, etc) then you will need to set the SMTP outbound port to 587 rather than the default port 25.

This is being done in the name of spam prevention.  For a much more thorough explanation, please visit www.verizon.net/port25.

Regards,

Chris

I am still using outgoing.verizon.net port 25 with no isues. I thought this was only if you were not using Verizon's SMTP server, because port 25 was blocked leaving the Verizon network. "If you are using 3rd party email"

But thanks for posting the link. It is exactly what the OP was looking for, and I had not seen that in a while.

0 Likes
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

prisaz wrote:

I am still using outgoing.verizon.net port 25 with no isues. I thought this was only if you were not using Verizon's SMTP server, because port 25 was blocked leaving the Verizon network. "If you are using 3rd party email"

But thanks for posting the link. It is exactly what the OP was looking for, and I had not seen that in a while.

If you are using Verizon's SMTP server (i.e. you are using Verizon at least for outbound) then you will be able to use port 25 still.  It is only in cases in which you are a VOL subscriber using non-Verizon SMTP servers that you will have to make the change.  Sorry if that wasn't clear in the above post.