Panasonic Bluray
oddocee

I am trying to connect my Panasonic Bluray to my FIOS M!424WR router with a WIRED ethernet connection.  Spent an hour with Panasonic tech and manually configured the IP address, subnet, etc.  Still would not connect. He says ports 80 and a couple of others are closed and I need to ask Verizon to open them.   Any thoughts on this?  Is he correct?  I also changed security from WEP to WPA.  this didn't help.

0 Likes
Re: Panasonic Bluray
weedeater1
Contributor - Level 3

Security doesn not matter on a WIRED connection.

It should be able to connect automatically using DHCP.  Hopefully you did not set an address in the Panny that conflicts with other devices on your network.

Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@oddocee wrote:

He [tech] says ports 80 and a couple of others are closed and I need to ask Verizon to open them.  

That would have nothing to do with the BR player connecting to the internet.  That would only be relevant if you were trying to connect to the BR player from outside your network. 

VZ does not block port 80, but you would would have to enable port forwarding in the router to allow outside access to the BR player.

oddocee

Thanks, so i think the ip address for the bluray player is the same as for the router.  Is this the issue?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Only one device can have the same IP address.  So yes, if it has the same IP address, that is a problem

You should have your Panasonic accepting the address passed to it by the DHCP server.  The Panasonic blu-ray's, at least all the newer ones, don't need any special ports opened and do not require port forwarding.

0 Likes