Periodic dropping of internet connection for 2-5 seconds
ChrisGriffith
The connection will then reconnect without issue. I have not noticed any speed issues, so the connection seems otherwise stable aside from these periodic (once every few hours, on average, I'd say) blips. I'm connected via LAN to the router. This has been ongoing for months. The TV FiOS connection does not appear to be affected in any way when this occurs. I suspect that it may be the router, as it is an older one. Model # is MI424-WR Rev D I'm mostly just trying to pinpoint where the issue is originating at the moment. Any ideas for tests to try?
0 Likes
Re: Periodic dropping of internet connection for 2-5 seconds
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Is the internet light going out on the router?

0 Likes
EChadd
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are experiencing the same problem.  The internet also seems slower the past two months or so and Netflix is begining to lose connections.  Please share any fixes with me.

0 Likes
ChrisGriffith
Confirmed that the "Internet" light on the router does go out when the connection drops (or rather, shortly before it does, since there's a small lag between the connection loss and my computer actually informing that connection has been lost).
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

It could be any number of things wrong. You could have a bad ONT. The light going into the ONT could be bad. The BBU/PSU could be going bad or there might be a MOCA issue on the line.

0 Likes