Re: Post your lousy netflix speed
FlyerQ
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've tried several DNS servers including Verizon and google.

Interestingly Verizon's was fast last night - 3-4 K right through prime time.  For the past year or so Verizon's DNS has not provided the best speed.

Also, earlier in the week I noticed solid performance on Verizon for a a couple of days and then it fell apart.

Hopefully they are making changes to provide relief or better yet rolling out peering?  That would be fantastic.

Regardless the performance last night was so good and atypical I have to think something is changing.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

As noted elsewhere, Verizon and Netflix are beginning to roll out their Direct connections.  So for those previously posting lousy netflix speed how about checking again AND IF you now see good speeds let us know what areas you are in. 

The official statements from Verizon where only that they are working on the new connections and with a vague date as by the end of the year.

FlyerQ
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately the performance problem isn't solved in the boston suburbs.

Since my last report I've had multiple nights where performance after 7 pm drops to 1.5 to 1.8 - which I find difficult to watch (as evidenced by my paying vudu to finish a movie I'd gotten into).

If FiOS and Netflix couldachieve a constant primetime min 3+ it would be wonderful. 

0 Likes