Price on running an ethernet cable outside the house to another room.
daguero

title pretty much sums it up. i am just interesting in knowing the average price that would be charged for running an ethernet cable outside the house into another room.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Price on running an ethernet cable outside the house to another room.
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  This is a place where customers help other customers.

There is no such thing as an "average price" for this type of work.  Every job is different.  For example the job is quite different for a house with brick walls than a wood frame house.  The location of obstructions both inside and outside the walls will impact the amount of time it takes.

Your best bet is to call around and ask.  Try a local handyman, home theater installer or even an electrician.  Any of them should be able to tell you if they will charge time & materials or a fixed rate.  Verizon may do the work as well, but you'll have to call them to find out what they will do and charge.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

@daguero wrote:

title pretty much sums it up. i am just interesting in knowing the average price that would be charged for running an ethernet cable outside the house into another room.

gs0b gave a good answer to your question, but let me throw this in just in case it helps.

Does the other room in question happen to already have coax running to it?  If so, you might save the trouble and expense of running coax by using a MoCA adapter.

If no coax exists to that room...disregard.  It was just a thought.

db909
Contributor - Level 3