Problem Running Goto Assist - Verizon's Remote Access Software?
merlin96
Contributor - Level 1

Over the past several weeks I have chatted with Verizon tech support about various issues and they attempted to gain remote access to help me solve my issue.  Each time they gave me a link to download Verizon's Remote Access software (Goto Assist).  I was able to download it  but not run it.  I tried clicking on it in my downloads, running as administrator, and even tried temporarily disabling my firewall, but nothing worked.  The tech had no advice for me and so we proceeded as best as we could without the remote access.  I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and if so, were you able to find a solution.  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Problem Running Goto Assist - Verizon's Remote Access Software?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

This could be a firewall problem, dependency issue, a software conflict, or a security program actively blocking the tool. It's hard to know without some more details. 

When you try to open the program, what warnings or error messages appear? What Security software do you currently run on your computer, if any?

0 Likes
merlin96
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you very much for your reply.  When I try to run it, as I said, by clicking on it in my download box and also by clicking on "run by administrator," nothing happened at all (no error messages).  It just sat there doing nothing, almost as if I was clicking on an empty program, which I'm not suggesting b/c this link was sent to me 3 times, so I'm pretty sure it had a program in it.

As for your other questions, I did disable my firewall temporarly to attempt to resolve the issue and that didn't work, but I am running on Vista with Firefox as my browser.  I use Norton 360 as my security software.  I agree with your statement that something must be blocking it but with no error mesage of any kind it is difficult to figure out what.  BTW, when I first downloaded it, I got the regular Norton popup that I always get after I download something telling me that it was a safe program

Any thoughts?  I would like to figure this our b/c it's easier to do those chats it they can get the remote access.  Thanks again. 

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should be able to talk to gotoassist support.  It's possible that the version of the Citrix client that Verizon is pushing does not run with Vista and gotoassist may indicate which version you download.

On my win7 machine the Citrix Online Launcher is version 1.0.312.  That was pushed to me last week from the Verizon GoToAssist install download.  Not sure if the package also installs the Citrix receiver as I already had one installed.

0 Likes