Problem with Android tablet connecting to Verizon Router
HokieDave
Contributor - Level 2

I have a problem that is befuddling me and I'm hoping someone can help.

I have FIOS internet.  I have an a Kindle Fire, an Android tablet (Acer A700), an iPod Touch, and an Android cell phone.

Up until yesterday, all of them connected to my Verizon router's wireless just fine.

Today, the Android tablet (and only the Android tablet) refuses to connect to my Verizon router.  Everything else connects just fine.  My Android tablet connects just fine to my wi-fi at work and a friend's cell phone hotspot.  So it's not dead or anything.

It says it is connecting, but the icon stays grey forever and never turns blue.  (On an android device, while it's trying to handshake, the wifi icon is grey and once you are online it turns blue.)

Unfortunately, I have no idea whose side the problem is on - is it something wrong with my tablet or something wrong with my Verizon router?  Both work everywhere except with each other.

Yes, I have rebooted both the router and the tablet.  I have also had it "forget" the connection and then re-entered my wifi password.

And it's not as though it never worked - I have had it for nearly a year and it worked fine until yesterday.

Any ideas?

0 Likes