Problem with VZ in Home Agent
MxM111
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I have installed VZ in Home Agent, and I have noticed that my startup times significantly increased (Vista). Instead of goin to normal desktop, my PC goes to black screen and stays for about 1 min. Even after uninstalation of VZ agent such behavior persisted. Finally I had manage to find that it is some service called IHA_MessageCenter (or something like that, I have already uninstalled it so the name may be slightly different). As I understand this service is installed together with the home agent, but for whatever reason is not uninstalled.

This service took very long time to start and to communicate with internet. After removing the service everything become normal.

Anyway, I thin VZ could have done better job with both making this service not to slow down the startup and with service being uninstalled together with agent. It took me several hours to find the reason and to fix it. What a loss of time...

0 Likes
Re: Problem with VZ in Home Agent
VZ_Shawn
Contributor - Level 1

Hi. I'm sorry for your loss of time. I'm happy to know you have resolved the issue you were experiencing. I will forward your suggestions to our product development associates. If you like to advise Verizon of any ideas for product improvement in the future please visit http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/idb-p/ideas?CMP=DMC-CVZ_ZZ_ZZ_Z_DO_N_X024 .

It is our goal that you recommend us to your friends and colleagues. Thank you for choosing Verizon. ShawnG

grampadave1

IHA_MessageCenter still shows up as an active process even though I removed the product weeks ago.

When trying to uninstall IHA_MessageCenter through Control Panel -----> Uninstall, Windows tells me that it cannot find a needed file. I want to eliminate this annoyance. Please advise.

I've had similar problems in the past with Verizon software and I'm really not happy.

About five years ago I had vowed to never use your In-Home Agent.

I had much the same thing happen with Kodak Easyshare SW and would never use any of their stuff again as it was impossible to eliminate completely.,

0 Likes
aeoiii

Any update on this 4 months after original post?

Am also having this issue ...thank you

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Yea some development needs to be fixed on the uninstall code with all the Verizon Products that do not uninstall properly.

I thought that was an idea for voting but it was not. Actual private post. Here is where the post is cleaned up a bit and you can vote.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Removing-Verizon-Software-Make-the-un-ins...

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

I had a BBQ this weekend and I was chatting with my friend who works at Verizon. We were discussing the issues with IHA and other Verizon software and I then found out that his lady friend he brought with him was a Supervisor over at Verizon. She was very interested in what we were saying and asked that I write up an email with what our concerns were. I sent it over this morning. Now they have asked that I not make the details public but I can let you know that the concerns are being addressed. I'll post again if anything comes of all this.

Hubrisnxs
Legend

I posted a possible solution here to uninstall,  try it and see if it works

0 Likes
rbilske27

DOWNLOADED VZ IN HOME.DL NOT SUCCESFUL.TRY TO DELETE IT,IT WONT DELETE.NOTICED YOU FIXED IT AFTER 4 MONTHS {please keep your posts courteous}.NOW IT WONT LEY ME DOWNLOAD A FRESH VERSION.IT IS STOPPED BY THE CORRUPT DOWNLOAD.help???{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
cbwoodstock91
Contributor - Level 1

Dear pc user,

Probably your computer was working fine before install the iha from Verizon.but i would like to share this information,

windows vista is the non-finish operating system(vista has a lot of issues) , basically i suggest to you, to avoid problems in the future use windowsXP or windows7, those are the best operating systems from Microsoft.

Have a nice day!

Charlie Brown