Problems connect off verizon network after upgrading to 50/25
Darkfaith1

So about a week ago i called Verizon to get rid of some movie channels i did not watch anymore and they informed me my 35/35 internet package was being discontinued and asked if i would like to change to the 50/25 plan.   I said sure and they changed it. Ever since then when doing speedtests or playing online games BF3/WoW etc my pings are off the wall high and I am getting constant disconnects.  Ive gone through 2 routers had my ONT replaced.  The problem still persists but calling tech support does not help because they don't handle 'ping" issues.  Nor can they see any problem because they only test to their network.  Anyone else experiencing issues after upgrade?  I understand my speed to their network is fine its getting to places off their network that i seem to be having issues with.  Ive done a release and renew on the IP.   Made sure all the correct ports are open in the router and my firewall.  Replaced the ethernet cord.  I have done everything on my end i could possibly think of up and including wiping out my entire system and reinstalling windows.  But to no avail still having the same issues.  The problem seems to increase if i go to say a west coast server.  The problem started the day i changed to the 50/25 when it was 35/35 i never once had high latency or disconnects.  What is going on?   Is there something wrong with the local server im connected to where it can't handle routing me off of it?  Anyone have any insight as to what the issue may be?  Ive done tracerts to the places im connecting no fall offs,  The problem seems to build the longer im connected to the servers i play on almost like its an increased stress on the verizon server or something.

0 Likes
Re: Problems connect off Verizon network after upgrading to 50/25
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about the connection issues. This is something we would need to get some account information from you. I have copied your post to a private support board. Please refer all correspondences there.

0 Likes
Re: Problems connect off Verizon network after upgrading to 50/25
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist. Thank you 

0 Likes