Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Gold Contributor I
spacedebris
0 Kudos

Problems with Verizon.net email

Anyone having problems accessing www.verizon.net to check email right now will likely be encountering problems. My buddy at Verizon tech support asked that I post this for him. Verizon.net is having issues that they are aware of and are working on correcting. No estimated repair time currently available.

However there is a work around. go to http://netmail.verizon.net  and sign in there to check email

Or you can set up an email program such as outlook express, outlook, etc. They should be working normally

====================================================================================

Error exists between keyboard and chair.
Contributor
shansmi
0 Kudos

Re: Problems with Verizon.net email

yes I am.  it just started working again ironically after this forum asked me to enter a code that I should get via email after registering to complete the registration process.

Copper Contributor
cosmic
Device: Westell 327W
0 Kudos

Outlook 2007:  Incoming is fine but Outgoing not working.  Probably still issues with the outgoing server at Verizon I guess.

Bronze Contributor II
ohpoleez
0 Kudos

Hi, try changing your outgoing from port 25 to port 587 in the Outlook settings.

~~ "It's not a bug. It's an undocumented feature."
Copper Contributor
cosmic
Device: Westell 327W
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
         "Hi, try changing your outgoing from port 25 to port 587 in the Outlook settings"
Did that a long time ago.
Turned off/on the westell gateway/router- same problem.
TEST msg in Outlook reports:
 Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
Copper Contributor
dkw197
0 Kudos

I could sure use some help with the strangest problem I am having with my Webmail sending my mail to Outlook. A few days ago, my mail being delivered to my Outlook account starting sending duplicates. It stopped but now in my incoming Send/Receive box, I now have two extra send and receive messages that show up. When I pulled down the Send and Receive tab to check it it has a "All Accounts" group added in addition to my regular account that I had when I set it up. I have no idea where it came from or how to get rid of it. When I close my Outlook window there are now 4 send and receive messages running instead of the normal two I used to have. Anybody have any idea what's going on and how I can fix it? What is an "All Accounts" group?? Thanks in advance for the help. (I am not the most experienced computer person.)

Gold Contributor V
somegirl
0 Kudos

cosmic wrote:
         "Hi, try changing your outgoing from port 25 to port 587 in the Outlook settings"
Did that a long time ago.
Turned off/on the westell gateway/router- same problem.
TEST msg in Outlook reports:
 Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

What outgoing server settings are you using?

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411