• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Gold Contributor I
spacedebris
0 Kudos

Problems with Verizon.net email

Anyone having problems accessing www.verizon.net to check email right now will likely be encountering problems. My buddy at Verizon tech support asked that I post this for him. Verizon.net is having issues that they are aware of and are working on correcting. No estimated repair time currently available.

However there is a work around. go to http://netmail.verizon.net  and sign in there to check email

Or you can set up an email program such as outlook express, outlook, etc. They should be working normally

====================================================================================

Error exists between keyboard and chair.
Contributor
shansmi
0 Kudos

Re: Problems with Verizon.net email

yes I am.  it just started working again ironically after this forum asked me to enter a code that I should get via email after registering to complete the registration process.

Copper Contributor
cosmic
Device: Westell 327W
0 Kudos

Outlook 2007:  Incoming is fine but Outgoing not working.  Probably still issues with the outgoing server at Verizon I guess.

Bronze Contributor II
ohpoleez
0 Kudos

Hi, try changing your outgoing from port 25 to port 587 in the Outlook settings.

~~ "It's not a bug. It's an undocumented feature."
Copper Contributor
cosmic
Device: Westell 327W
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
         "Hi, try changing your outgoing from port 25 to port 587 in the Outlook settings"
Did that a long time ago.
Turned off/on the westell gateway/router- same problem.
TEST msg in Outlook reports:
 Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
Copper Contributor
dkw197
0 Kudos

I could sure use some help with the strangest problem I am having with my Webmail sending my mail to Outlook. A few days ago, my mail being delivered to my Outlook account starting sending duplicates. It stopped but now in my incoming Send/Receive box, I now have two extra send and receive messages that show up. When I pulled down the Send and Receive tab to check it it has a "All Accounts" group added in addition to my regular account that I had when I set it up. I have no idea where it came from or how to get rid of it. When I close my Outlook window there are now 4 send and receive messages running instead of the normal two I used to have. Anybody have any idea what's going on and how I can fix it? What is an "All Accounts" group?? Thanks in advance for the help. (I am not the most experienced computer person.)

Gold Contributor V
somegirl
0 Kudos

cosmic wrote:
         "Hi, try changing your outgoing from port 25 to port 587 in the Outlook settings"
Did that a long time ago.
Turned off/on the westell gateway/router- same problem.
TEST msg in Outlook reports:
 Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

What outgoing server settings are you using?

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools