Quantum Speed
rnomad
Enthusiast - Level 2

I upgraded from 150/65 where I consistently got close to the specified speeds to the new 300/65.  However, I am only getting marginally better performance: 190 Mbps at best.  This is clearly not worth it.  Does anyone else have experience with actual speeds achieved?

0 Likes
Re: Quantum Speed
abhi_col
Contributor - Level 3

I know I am not answering your question, Sorry. But I am very curious to know where exactly is that much throughput used on a residential account?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

First thing is first, speedtest.net and speakeasy did not update their ookla client yet to support speedtests for 300 mb.   The verizon speedtest found at http://speedtest.verizon.net/fios300 has the updated ookla client.  

So make sure of a few things

flor clarity sake, they definetely hooked you up ethernet to the router and you got the newest verizon router with the two antenna's correct?   most people get over the 300 with a properly optimized PC, to answer your question.

0 Likes
rnomad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you.  Still 190 Mbps.

0 Likes
rnomad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Multiple concurrent users.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Try the optimizer, and then test the speed again

www2.verizon.net/help/fios_settings/optimizer/

0 Likes
rnomad
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am hardwared to the new router I was sent with two antennas.  I have a Gigabit NIC.  I tested against the fios300 link.  I am connected to the ONT with Ethernet.  I am on a Mac.  A PC gets 193 Mbps versus 190.  I have tested multiple systems and get the same result on all.

0 Likes
rnomad
Enthusiast - Level 2

No effect (I had already done it though I ran it again).

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

i think you're ready to have verizon check how they have you programmed.  try the contact us link or call them up.

0 Likes
rnomad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Answers were my machines were all too slow or router was bad.  Neither makes sense.  Finally was told there is an internal hold on network upgrades so while they are selling the service they are not delivering it, though they are billing me.  Because of this, I could not get a technician, and they suggested I cancel.  You have to love Verizon "service."

0 Likes