Re:Short cut Homepage Icons
davidb54

On the night of 1/11, I shut down my computer and went to bed, everything was fine. Got up this morning 1/12 and turned on the computer before I left house. When Verizons home page loaded all the icons appeared only they are all 4 or 5 times the size they are supposed to be. The way they are now they take up half the size of my monitor and it is HP w2338h, and do not know what to do to shrink all the icons back to thier proper size. I did nothing that I am aware of that made this happen, CAN SOMEONE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP ME RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM ?  

0 Likes
Re: Re:Short cut Homepage Icons
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try pressing Ctrl + 0 on your Keyboard while your web browseri is open and displaying Verizon's Homepage. It sounds like the Zoom may have gotten messed up.

Re: Re:Short cut Homepage Icons
davidb54

I appreciate your suggestion to solve my problem reguarding my homepage Icons getting larger and unable to shrink them to the proper size, but when I proceeded to type CTRL & O, made them even increase larger now they consume about 2/3rds of my monitor and it is a 23.5" widescreen monitor. It is inconcievable what is happening and what the cause is. All I did the other evening and shut the computer down and this happened. I NEED HELP TO FIGURE WhAT I HAVE TO DO TO RESPONE TO THIS PROBLEM. ANY ONE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP ME RESOND TO CORRECTING THE PROBLEM ???????. NO LUCK SO FAR!!!!. THANK-YOU

DAVID {edited for privacy}.

@Smith6612 wrote:

Try pressing Ctrl + 0 on your Keyboard while your web browseri is open and displaying Verizon's Homepage. It sounds like the Zoom may have gotten messed up.

0 Likes
Re: Re:Short cut Homepage Icons ( different sizes now! )
davidb54

Hey: So far I did what was suggested to me, and heres the results so far, the first time I tried pressing Ctrl and O after my Verizon Home Page loaded and nothing happened.Since then I tried the same procedure again, then all the Icons appeared 4X the original size and lined up from top left corner across to the right 9 Icons wide ( about 2/3rds across, and 4 rows down.I only had about 7" of empty space if I closed the home page.Now when I restarted the computer the Icons line up from top to bottom on the far left side where they belong, the only problem that exists is that there is 32  Icons 17 are correct and 15 are 2-3X  sizes bigger than the others and the 15 bigger ones are all mixed up as part of the 32, They are lined up in 4 1/2 rows leaving me with about 2/3rds of the monitor for the home page as well as a web page if I attempt to read emails or browse online!!!.This is definaely progress, but far from where it should be. I tried to call HP Support but could not understand any of the rep's I was put in touch with. The problem that I had with tech support is they are all answered by people that speak English as a second or third language, sorry I do not speak South East Asian languages!!. ( shame on you Hewlett-Packard support.,) I will not forget this when I am in the market for a replacement!!.Is there anyone out there reading this that can help me get the rest of what I have been trying to do get done and put this dilemma behind me??. Please don't hesitate to answer!!!. Thank-You.

0 Likes