Re: Restore Netflix access
SoNi67
Contributor - Level 1

@ideaman7284 wrote:

Absolutely agree!  This has just become an issue for me as well.  I would recommend filing a complaint at the FCC for unfair practices (I have just done so).  We pay for access to the internet, not throttled access.  They are doing this deliberately.

I did it too. I have on my answering phone machine a message from a verizon employe about it, I wasn't home when he called.

I'll wait for the next call.

0 Likes
Normx
Enthusiast - Level 2

April 6 2014

Greetings,

i just received my proxyvote for Verizon Com inc.

What a shocker that Verizon has asked the shareholders to vote againts network neutrality, or curbing lobbying activity, or anything that might be benificial for the customer. As soon as Netflix cuts a deal with Verizon, speeds will change. Of couse, Verizon will blame Netflix, Netflix will blame Verizon,  for the cost increase you, the customer,  will have to pay.

What ever you do, don't cut the wire. Just keep paying, and paying, and paying.....

0 Likes
TennisFreak
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there anything legally I can do?

Verizon is obviously throttling Netlix as the poor speeds exactly coincide with the February eliminiation of the net neutrality rules.  

For a while Netflix would constantly buffer now it at least plays but the picture quality is horrible. 

If Verizon ever thinks I'll sign up for more than their most basic FIOS plan with service like this they are delusional.

I wont be upgrading my FIOS, getting their TV service, or getting their phone service just to allow them to extort me for more money.

What happens when I get their FIOS TV service and they decide they want me to subscribe to more bandwidth and make my TV picture for everything go to crap?

There has to be something legally we can do.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Throttling.  NO they are not doing that.

Letting the speed deteriorate by not adding new connections.  "You betcha!"

Raveryn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree.  When I moved to a town that had Verizon Fios I was excited because they are known for their fast internet speeds, which is the only reason I went with Verizon.  I am spending a fortune each month to have 150M speed, and I can't even watch Netflix!!  It's literally unwatchable stopping every couple of minutes.  If they don't fix this soon I'll likely have to switch companies.

0 Likes
Badger00
Same exact thing happened to me. I upgraded my service, signed a 2 year contract - and netflix performance went completely bad/unusable.

I am sure verizon doesn't care - and I can't wait until there is a viable alternative - so I can get rid of them.

High speed internet! Sign up! (Except we throttle the part of the Internet that you actually use). If that isn't bait and switch, I don't know what is
0 Likes
kccre-007

We just switched from Optimum to Verizon fios 5 days ago since then we are not able to stream Netflix at all 0.2 Mbps. When we had Optimum we never had an issue at all. Verizon seems to be throttling Netflix bandwith, All I know is we are paying good money for Fios tripple play, and Netflix service and I am the monkey in the middle. Well I am tired of it. I also have saved screen shots of conversations between me and Verizon, and Me and Netflix and both are blaming it on the other party, but try to say they are working on it this is unexceptable, Just like LPIA went down, others will soon fall we the people are the voice.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Verizon and Netflix signed an agreement and Verizon is adding personal individual access for netflix across it's footprint.  Large project but it's underway and some users are already seeing improvement.

[Networking] 1st Proof of Verizon / Netflix Direct Peering ...

Netflix didn't recognize this as a legal issue, so much as a business decision, and they've signed on with Verizon for direct peering.

0 Likes
ajenkins1992
Enthusiast - Level 2

If Netflix doesn't work by the end of the month I'm switching to Time Warner. Time Warner sucks but at least I can watch Netflix, and that's the majority of my internet traffic.

0 Likes
kccre-007

Thanks for the reply, As millions of people including my self, are paying for a service that is not providing what they claim, it then becomes a legal issue as they are false misleading and purposely angering the customers.

0 Likes