Router blocking outgoing packets
Vector1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I have an actiontec Mi 424 wr router.  I've got solar panels on the roof, hooked up to a controller box.  this controller box transmits data on energy creation to a router which should connect to my router and send this information to my solar company to earn me credits.  Recently this has stopped working, and as far as I know, there haven't been any changes on my end.  I've tried setting minimal security firewall policy and this does not help.  The techs have told me that port 80 and port 443 need to be allowed to go outbound, no inbound traffic is technically necessary.  However, I THINK I have allowed all this, and it still won't go through.  When I go to the company's test page, I pass all their tests (meaning those ports appear to be open) but the packets seem to be getting stuck somwhere.  This continues even when I add the solar router to the DMZ. I'm really not sure what's going on with this.

Any help is appreciated.  In addition, if this information helps, I've given the solar router a static ip. What should I do to get these packets through?  I'm pretty sure its not their router, because they've come out and added a 3g card to the router and it was able to send out the information fine, so it seems to be a problem getting stuck on my network.  Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Router blocking outgoing packets
Hubrisnxs
Legend

DMZ and Port forwarding are conflicting services, if you have both enabled they cancel each other out (or at least it was my experience that they did)

so delete your PF rules,  do the DMZ instead, and try it with and without the check mark.  I usually put the check mark if I remember correctly.

after you do this, then reboot your device and try again, and if that doesn't work, let us know, and we can look at the port forwarding rules.   Try to provide the make and model of your device if the DMZ doesn't work

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

DMZ and Port forwarding are conflicting services, if you have both enabled they cancel each other out (or at least it was my experience that they did)

so delete your PF rules,  do the DMZ instead, and try it with and without the check mark.  I usually put the check mark if I remember correctly.

after you do this, then reboot your device and try again, and if that doesn't work, let us know, and we can look at the port forwarding rules.   Try to provide the make and model of your device if the DMZ doesn't work

0 Likes
Vector1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Right, I only had the DMZ active by itself, and I tried port fowarding by itself.  Still no go.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

anyway you can post a screen capture of your port forward rules?

Vector1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Turns out you were right. + 1