Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
cablebutcher
Device: Desktop PC
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Set up email with Windows 7 live mail

Anyway to have windows 7 live mail download the verizon mail from the server like outlook express used to? Like the live wire email screen beter than verizons but need to back the Verizon page to delete the messages read. I have Verizon set  up as an alternate email address. Microsoft hasn't been any help on this question

Gold Contributor V
somegirl

Re: Set up email with Windows 7 live mail

Not sure exactly what you are asking for here.

If you are asking how to have Windows Mail remove mail from Verizon's server, there should be a chckbox for leaving a copy on the server that you can uncheck.

If you are asking how to set up your Verizon account in Windows Mail:

For the sake of example, we are going to pretend that we are setting up fictional account "fakeacct@verizon.net" and the password for logging into that account in webmail is "fakepassword" - Again, this is a fictitious account for the sake of an example.

The settings for using Verizon's servers would be:
Incoming Server: incoming.verizon.net
Server Requires Authentication: Yes
Username: fakeacct
Password: fakepassword
Requires a Secure Connection (SSL): No
Port: 110

Outgoing Server: outgoing.verizon.net
Server Requires Authentication: Yes (You can set it to use the same settings as incoming, or manually enter the username and password.)
Requires a Secure Connection (SSL): No
Port: 25 (although 587 also works.)

These settings should work unless you have a Verizon/Yahoo account, in which case the server names are: incoming.yahoo.verizon.net -and- outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

Hope this helps. If these weren't the answers you were looking for, can you please rephrase the question?

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411