Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Copper Contributor
wawa
0 Kudos

Setting up port forwarding so I can view my IP camera from any web browser

I have an Actiontec combination FIOS modem/wireless router. I also have a Cisco WVC80N Wireless-N Internet Home Monitoring Camera. And I have a wireless network in my home.

The camera works fine within my home on my wireless network. I am able to see what the camera is seeing on any computer in my home. But I want to be able to see what the camera is seeing from any Internet-connected web browser anywhere. I know that requires me to configure port forwarding. But I don't know how to do that. Do I configure Port Forwarding within my camera's setup or within my Actiontec modem/wireless router?

I have already selected port 1024.

Can anyone explain to me like I was five years old how to get this port forwarding thing going?

Someone sent me a nice tutorial for port forwarding within a Linksys wireless router and I got hung up when I got to the part where it said to go into the Applications & Gaming section of the Linksys router. Is there an equivalent section within the Actiontec modem/router?

Thanks so much.

I hope to be able to get back here to find an answer. It wasn't what I would call straight forward to find this forum.

Gold Contributor VII
dslr595148
0 Kudos

Re: Setting up port forwarding so I can view my IP camera from any web browser

#1 In the router go to Advanced -> Universal Plug and Play OR to Advacned -> UPnP (what ever exist in your router).

#2 If you do not have at least two special computers that support Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) where you can not define the ports that they use, turn off UPnP.

A perfect example. At least two game consoles. Any two (Two Xboxes, two Playstations, One Xbox and one Playstation).

#3 If you have at least two special computers that support UPnP where you can not define the ports that they use....

Do you only use one at time or are there times when at least two are on?

#4 In the router go to Advanced -> IP Address Distribution Or to Advanced -> Private LAN

#5 What is the Starting and Ending IP Address, that is listed in there?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411