Sign IN Not Working & No Welcome Name
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

On the new Verizon Home Page, Verizon Fios Trending, the Sign In  at the top of the page next to Welcome does not work on my Windows IE9 . I have to sign in by clicking on My Verizon and signing in on that page or by clicking on the email Sign In page. Also the Welcome-------- no longer shows my name. However, the Sign In on the  Verizon Fios Home page on my Firefox and Google Chrome browsers do  work. But they are both missing my name after the word Welcome.

Now I know why there was a notice on the Verizon Home page starting several weeks ago that there was a surprise coming. I can do without these kind of surprises. How many Verizon customers haven't as yet received their surprise????? IT"S COMING!!!!!!

Holly

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sign IN Not Working & No Welcome Name
Justin46
Legend

Holly,

I happen to still have IE 9 on my Windows 7 system (I am a dedicated Firefox user, don't use IE at all so haven't updated to 11), so I just started it up, and sure enough I was unable to log in. HOWEVER, when I started IE with all add-ons disabled, I was able to log in just fine - two step process.

So Holly, I think you have an IE add-on getting in the way of the Verizon Trending page, I have no clue which one, but try starting IE without add-ons and see if it works for you. If it does, then you can have fun trying to figure out which add-on is causing the problem, or you can just use a better browser all the time.... Smiley Very Happy

Edit: And yeah, using Compatibility does distort the page, unusable.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

View solution in original post

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Holly1,

on the http://entertainment.verizon.com/ page top right has the   sign in/ Register   link , when you click on it you get Sign in box with User ID text box to enter your user id in.
Once you enter your user id  and click on sign in, it should then take you to the Please enter your password page.

That is the normal sequence for sign in using any browser including IE9.

The Welcome followed by your name (if name is missing) on the page is a setting you can change once you have logged in. You go to My Verizon>Profile>Account Settings, under Personal & Security Information>Greeting Name, you can add/edit the name you want displayed after the Welcome.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any other Questions or Concerns.

~STA

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

Yes and the Sign-In works when I use the Firefox browser and the Google Chrome browser, but no longer works on the IE9 browser. It used to work so I know how it's supposed to work. Nothing happens, that is no Sign-In box drops down on the IE browser. I can sign in using the email sign  in or by clicking on My Verizon. It just isn't as convenient. 

Holly

PS  It hasn't worked on the IE9 browser since the Home Page changed to Fios Trending.

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

To: Employee

I forgot to mention in my reply to you that I already have my greeting name on the Account Page and this doesn't work on any of my browsers.

Holly

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try updating Internet explorer, it's free

latest version is 11  released last year.

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

Windows Vista will not accept any !E newer than IE9 or windows update would have provided it to me. See link below.

Holly

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-system-requirements#ie=ie-11

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Holly1 wrote:

Windows Vista will not accept any !E newer than IE9 or windows update would have provided it to me. See link below.

Holly

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-system-requirements#ie=ie-11

That is correct.

Did you try running in compatability mode.

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

I just tried your suggestion and put the page in Compatibility View. I do get the SIgn-In but would never want to view the page that way as everything is distorted in Compatibility view. I guess because Compatibility View is meant for older pages and this one by Verizon is new.

Holly

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Holly,

I happen to still have IE 9 on my Windows 7 system (I am a dedicated Firefox user, don't use IE at all so haven't updated to 11), so I just started it up, and sure enough I was unable to log in. HOWEVER, when I started IE with all add-ons disabled, I was able to log in just fine - two step process.

So Holly, I think you have an IE add-on getting in the way of the Verizon Trending page, I have no clue which one, but try starting IE without add-ons and see if it works for you. If it does, then you can have fun trying to figure out which add-on is causing the problem, or you can just use a better browser all the time.... Smiley Very Happy

Edit: And yeah, using Compatibility does distort the page, unusable.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks, Justin. I think I'll just sign-in on IE9 using My Verizon or the email sign-in. Actually I rarely use IE ( as (I mostly use Firefox and also Google Chrome). I also like the way Firefox and Google Chrome remember both your User ID and password so I don't have to type in either on those two browsers whereas IE doesn't remember the password for Verizon or Verizon Forum.

Holly

0 Likes