Slow Conn
mike5695

My speed has declined drastically. I'm in SO CAL. Is any1 else having issues. I tried to reset/factory my router. Is there an outage. Tried calling fios support but I was on hold for 30 min. **bleep**.

0 Likes
Re: Slow Conn
Rootfam

We are also in SOCAL and we are also having slow connection problems, especially when uploading videos or streaming.  I did the reset thing by unplugging the router for 1 or 2 minutes but that didn't help at all.  Ironically we just upgraded from 10/2 to 35/35 last week and it has been slower.  

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Are you guys getting the slow throughput on a wired or wireless connection.  Also what speeds are you actually getting?

0 Likes
Rootfam

Our problem is with the wireless.  I did a couple tests last night through speedtest.net and the best I got was around 22 mpbs on the download (the lowest was 13 mpbs) but only around 9-10 mpbs at best on the upload side.  At the time I ran the test there were two laptops connected and two IPhones (IPhone 4).  We have never had this problem before.  In fact up until now we have been very happy with our FiOS wireless internet service.  The only recent change is we just bought a LG 42" Smart TV (the tv was on but not connected to the internet at the time of the test).  The wireless router is located close to the tv due to being limited as to location because of where the coax cable comes into the house at time of initial installation three years ago. 

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

We can't guarantee connection speeds over a wireless connection. Once the internet signal goes airborne in your house, we have no control over it. The best that you can do to make the best of your wireless signal is to log into the router and change the wireless channel from what its on to another channel. They range from 1 to 11. Are you able to make the change or do you require further instruction?

0 Likes
Rootfam

A Verizon rep was able to change my router last night from a "1" to "11".  So we'll see if that works.  Otherwise I may have to put in a service request to have the router moved to a different location away from our TV.  Thank you.

0 Likes
Remusears

Switching to Verizon was a bad move for me. Love my Verizon wireless, hate my Verizon 5G internet. Going back to Comcast for internet. Much more reliable. Cost more, but it saves the headaches I’m getting with Verizon 

0 Likes
kh_jenn

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic. Thank you.

0 Likes