Slow Speed
laserline

I've got this Fios for almost a year.  It is much better than DSL before.   However, I still have a problem of it not reaching my subscribed speed. 

I ordered the highest speed possible, 20M both ways.  But ever since day one I have never received upload speed of anything close to 20Mbs.  You may say internet bandwidth is shared by many people, but now it is 2 AM I am pinging Seattle from suburb of Seattle, using speakeasy to test the connection speed, recommended by Verizon.  Down load speed is fairly close to 20 M at 19776k, but up load is a paltry 8440k among the best of three tests.  The worst was 5000k something. 

In the beginning, which was Feb 2009, I spent a lot of time talking to your tech support, but nobody seemed to be able to do anything or even offer a satisfactory answer.   But at that time in mid-night I could hit as high as 13000k upload.  Now it is getting slower.  

What do you think? 

Have a great day!

Yong Zhang

0 Likes
Re: Slow Speed
VZ_Brett
Contributor - Level 2

laserline, We will get to the bottom of your issue. First things first have we tried optimizing your pc from http://www2.verizon.net/help/fios_settings/optimizer/ also are we wired or wireless? How many computers are connected to the router? If more then one lets try with just one in. Also are you using our Actionetec Router, if so try doing a hard reset on the router then goto  speedtest.verizon.net & try all 3 servers then post your results back & we will go from there. Thanks Brett

0 Likes