Slow upload speed
xnvy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently upgraded from 10/1 FiOS to 15/5. However, I can not achieve anything higher than 2Mbs upload on any of my wired PCs. I called Tech support yesterday and they said there was fallout while upgrading my service and to give it another day. Today I ran the Verizon speed test and speedtest.net on my Win7 and XP computers and still max out at 1.83 and 2.05 upload.

After chatting with customer support again, I was told that everything checks out from their end. I've run the optimizer on all my PCs (vista, XP, and Win7) with no change. I've rebooted the router and I've run three different speed test to various servers worldwide.

I was hoping that someone on the forum might have another solution for me.

Thanks!

Re: Slow upload speed
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you check your router to make sure you didn't have Quality of Service enabled? Go to http://192.168.1.1/ and log in using the Username of admin, and the password being your router's serial number (found on the underside sticker of the router). From there, choose Advanced from the Navigation and then choose Quality of Service. If anything is eanbled to limit upload speeds, disable it to see if speeds improve.

0 Likes
xnavy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Smith6612, thanks for the reply! I just checked the QoS settings and nothing is enabled.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Alrighty. What I would try next is to give your ONT a reboot. The ONT can be rebooted by first unplugging the ONT from AC Power, and then disconnecting the battery. Give the ONT 30 seconds without power, and then power it back up by first connecting the battery and then plugging it into AC Power. Be sure to switch off your router before giving the ONT a reboot. STBs should not need to be switched off.

0 Likes
xnavy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks again for the suggestion, but still no joy. I unplugged the ONT and removed the battery for five minutes. Speedtest.net and the verizon speed test both still show me ~1.8.

This truely seems like a verizon issue to me.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It would sound like one at this point. Give them a call and ask them to fix your provisioning so that you are able to obtain the full 15Mbps/5Mbps service. If you have TV service, you may see it run at 20Mbps/6Mbps.

0 Likes
xnavy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally had time to chat with vz for the third time today and they were able to correct the issue. I wasn't able to get a specific answer as to what fixed it, but I now have 5+ upload on all of my PCs. They did have to disconnect my broadband and phone for a short time, but it was worth it. One of my Win7 machines is reporting 20+ upload speeds from speedtest.net

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad to hear the issue is solved 🙂

0 Likes