Smart TVs connect to local network but not internet
jbudnik

I have 2 smart tvs that just stopped connecting to the internet. They still connect to the wifi, & I've tried wired as well, but they don't get to the internet. I have numerous other devices (Smart DVD, cell phones, computers, voip, etc) and they all have no issue. Any thoughts on why my 2 tvs just started behaving this way. By the way, they are both samsung, but different models.

0 Likes
Re: Smart TVs connect to local network but not internet
babakm
Enthusiast - Level 2
Same here (Arlington, VA). Intermittent DNS problems on computer too eg Google Drive unable to connect and some web pages not loading with DNS error. Tried other DNS servers, but didn't help. Internet has been stable for long time before this.
0 Likes
Hravuh

Same issue here. Was able to connect to all my Samsung TV apps yesterday night and even today morning. But try to connect now and it says the TV is not connected to th internet. HAve tried both wired and wireless, same effect. 

Have tried searching online. Looks this issue comes up fairly, but haven't read of a good solution anywhere online.

0 Likes
babakm
Enthusiast - Level 2
Just talked to Verizon customer support. There is a known issue with Samsung and Sony smart TVs to do with their central servers.
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm in VHO4 as well (in Md though) and just troed.

Had no probloem connecting my Sansung TV to Crackle app.

0 Likes
babakm
Enthusiast - Level 2
I'm up again! Not sure if the known issue was resolved or the "reset" they did for my connection fixed it
0 Likes
Hravuh

Looks like up and running again.!!

0 Likes
jbudnik

Just got off the phone with verizon. They say that it's a samsung issue, many people are calling in with this problem and they're referring everyone to Samsun support. The number is 855-726-8721. 

0 Likes
jbudnik

Just checked and mine just came up again. Thanks

0 Likes