Strange / weird unknown outdoor camera shows up for few minutes on my home FIOS network
deebeedee
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Verizon FIOS Internet service with the new Quantum FIOS Gateway wireless router.

UI Version: 1.0.112
Firmware Version 0.17.52
Model Name: FiOS-G1100
Hardware Version: 1.03

My network SSID is secured using WPA2.

I have a windows 8.1 laptop; I use a wireless connection to get this laptop connected to the FIOS router.

I observed this recently.

When I boot the laptop up, login and go to File explorer, then network ....

I expect it to show all the computers on my network.
It quickly shows me 2-3 computers (I recognize all of them).
And within 2-3 seconds.... i see a CAMERA device show up called OC810
When I right click this device and select properties it shows the following

Manufacturer: iControl
Model: OC810
Model Number: OC810
Serial number: 12345678 (yes thats the exact serial number it shows)
Mac address: d4:21:22:89:7f:?? (i am hiding last 2 for security reasons)
Unique identifier: Unavailable
IP address:Unavailable

After about a minute, this device vanishes !!

Good thing is that it vanishes.

When I google OC810, it shows up as a valid Verizon device, used as a outdoor camera, if someone buys their home control service.
I have not purchased that service, nor do I have this camera deployed in my network.

So question is why is it showing up!???? Even if its for a tiny amount of time.

0 Likes
Re: Strange / weird unknown outdoor camera shows up for few minutes on my home FIOS network
Chris1492

I have the same camera showing up in my secured network. Also on Verizon FIOS but with my own netgear router. There are up to two of those OC810 cameras showing up in my Windows 7 network center. Have you ever found an answer to as why? MAC address shows up but no IP is assigned

0 Likes
Re: Strange / weird unknown outdoor camera shows up for few minutes on my home FIOS network
TomNJ1

I just saw this too and found this thread. I don't have any of those cameras. I also checked my router and didn't see the mac address connected to my network. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes