• Services  

Order Services

See All Plans & Bundles

Special Deals

Moving Made Easy

Current Customers

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Find out which Verizon services are available at your address.

• My Verizon  

Email & Calls

Check Email

Verizon Visual 411

Bill & Payment

View Bill

Pay Bill

Pay Final Bill

Manage Auto Pay

Manage Paper Free Billing

My Services

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Copper Contributor
TEM3
Plan: Fios Digital Phone
0 Kudos

Suspending Service

Now that we are retired, we will probably only be at our home in NJ (which has Fios internet, cable and digital phone) for the summer months and Thanksgiving through New Years (say, 4 months a year).  We would like to arrange to suspend our Verizon services while we are away for a month or more.  Has anyone out there done this?  How is it working out for you?

Some questions:

What is the fee?

I understand there is a one month minimum.  If we think we will be gone say 2 months but end up returning in 1 1/2 months, would getting our cable, internet and phone working again be a problem?  Could we call before heading back to NJ and expect to have everything back working when we arrive?

Employee Emeritus
VZ_Lori

Re: Suspending Service

Hello TEM3,

Verizon offers Seasonal Service Suspension to customers who will be away from their homes for an extended period of time.To qualify you must suspend your FiOS  services for at least one month but not more than nine months.

There is a fee charged to temporarily suspend your FiOS services. To suspend your FiOS TV service for an extended timeframe and find fee information, contact us at 1-888-553-1555 for further assistance. 

When you plan on returning contact us with the date  and will restore the FiOS services on the date given.

I hope this helps. Thanks for reaching out.

Lori
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan. Follow us on Twitter™!

Copper Contributor
TEM3
0 Kudos

Is it true that we would loose any bundled saving plan we were on once we suspend and have to re-subscribe at whatever the going rate is?

Gold Contributor I
spacedebris
0 Kudos

I've not had any personal experience with that but my neighbor did say that after a vacation suspension, they did have to sign a new bundle upon restoral.

====================================================================================

Error exists between keyboard and chair.
Copper Contributor
TEM3
0 Kudos

We are about 6 months into a two year agrement with the fios cable, internet and digital phone.  Wonder if our monthly would significantly increase and if we might have to pay a penalty for ending the bundle agreement early??

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411