Tech Help. Want to Unbridge Actiontec Fios Modem, Reset Does Not Help
jenhalt

I successfully bridged my Actiontec Fios Modem in order to use a third party modem as I was looking for faster speeds. {And did get them with the Wireless N modem]. However, did not realize I would lose remote dvr search functionality. So, all I want to do is get the settings back to how they were previously - no third party modem, no bridge, just good old slow Verizon hardware. I have numerous times went into the Verizon modem settings and restored settings to default. I have also held the reset button on the back of the modem for 30 seconds for a hard reset. This does not work. I still have an orange light indicating no internet connectivity. I did call Tech support, but of course their systems are down and the guy was no help whatsoever to walk me through it manually.So, in the meantime only way for me to connect to internet is to redo bridge settinigs and use third party modem.

Any help would be great.

0 Likes
Re: Tech Help. Want to Unbridge Actiontec Fios Modem, Reset Does Not Help
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@jenhalt wrote:

I have also held the reset button on the back of the modem for 30 seconds for a hard reset. This does not work. I still have an orange light indicating no internet connectivity.

If you've done a hard reset on the Actiontec router and still have an orange internet light, one of the following is true:

• A bad connection bewtween the ONT and the router
  • A bad ONT
  • A bad router.

BTW, the Actiontec is a ROUTER, not a modem.  FIOS does not use modems.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Note if you had them switch over from moca (coax) to ethernet to use your own router, you will have to connect both the coax and ethernet to your Actiontec to get it to work correctly. 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Since it was bridged, wouldn't the router have captured the MAC address of his old router?

if that is the case, then you may need to release the dhcp

0 Likes