Terrible installation from tech, stayed till 1:30am
rockdawggsr1
We recently moved to a new home and wanted to start services with Verizon. The previous tenants had Verizon installed in their home so I figured it would be an easy job. The technician called us and said he would be at our home from 4-430pm. Well 5pm came around and no technician so i called him and he said he was in the area and should be arriving soon. I had to go to work so my wife stayed home with our 1 year old. She called me at 7pm telling me still no tech. So i called him again and got the same story, that he was in the area and should be there soon. Well he arrived at 8:30 pm. My wife had texted me while I was at work around 2am stating that he had just left our house around 1:30am without completing installation. I was furious and could not believe that a tech would actually stay that late into the early morning especially without us having service and with a 1 year old. He told my wife he would return the next morning. So i come home at 5am that morning and then have to be up 10:30am to see the tech. He comes around 11am and does a few things here and there. He could not figure out the problem so makes a call to someone who I guess knows what they are doing. After a couple hours we finally get internet and cable working. He immediately leaves after completion. About 2 hours after he leaves cable and Internet go out. At this time we are just fed up so I call Verizon to get a tech out to fix the problem. I also requested to not have the same tech come since he was useless. After speaking with verizon i went downstairs just to take a look at things and notice the original tech had left all the trash and wires laying out on our porch. Very unprofessional! The next day tech #2 arrived on time and seemed to know what he was doing. He ran a few tests and told us he had to check the cables further up the street. He came back shortly and said that the other tech simply should have spliced a few wires because of a bad connection. Simple task that should have not been avoided if he knew what he was doing. Just either lazy or lack of knowledge. He then hooked everything up and everything works fine. I could not belive everything we had to go through just to get our initial service installed. No new boxes, except set top boxes, had to be installed and wires were already present in the house so just unacceptable. At my previous address we had new service installed in less than 5 hours. That is without any fios being ever installed in that home previously. So back up battery, 4 rooms wired and set top boxes programmed And whatever else they have to do. So just dont understand how this took so long and how difficult it seemed. I really hope I can get this resolved with some sort of compensation for such a terrible install, forcing my wife to stay up till 1:30am with our 1 year old and not having service on the promised date and time. I have had verizon at all my previous homes and never really had any problems until now. If only the 2nd tech would have come in the 1st place this would have never happened. Unfortunately i got the rotten egg of techs sent to my home and had to suffer. Any body have a similar situation? What did they do about it? Are you still with Verizon? What should I do?
0 Likes
Re: Terrible installation from tech, stayed till 1:30am
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi rockdawggsr,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes