The plan I subscribed to and the one I'm being billed for are two different things
babuon

By stripping away some extras, I was given a plan for $54.99 for internet and FIOS.   Moreoever, the installation was to be less expensive because all of the equipment was already installed by the previous owner of my condo.   My service was installed on November 3, 2011.  The internet did not work until December 15, 2011.   Because of problems with the optical cable, I lost my TV for 45 days between November 3 and December 14.   It was finally fixed by an excellent technician though he had to jury rig it because of the recurring optical cable problem.

I received a bill for $505.  I discontinued my FIOS and will discontinue my internet, for which I'm being charged $66 a month, as soon as I can get an alternative.

I liked the FIOS product, but the customer service and billing people are a disaster.   Only the technicians, and one in particular, actually problem-solve.   I plan to file a complaint with the BBB and the FCC.

0 Likes
Re: The plan I subscribed to and the one I'm being billed for are two different things
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you spoken with Verizon Billing to see what went wrong? It's possible the pro-rated the bill in addition to adding in some installation charges that should not have added in the first place. The billing issues are not too uncommon, but once they are sorted out things tend to work out. But for sure, ask them where the charges are coming from and how it's being computed. If there are mistakes, Verizon states in their agreements that they will make efforts to resolve the issue.

0 Likes