Thinking about switching from the Dish to FIOS but only have one coaxial in my home
Joyous3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have only one coaxial line for cable in my home.  Direct TV and the DISH have both successfully been able to use it and run cords to all 4 of my tv's (2 upstair bedroom tvs, 1 living room tv, & 1 basement tv).  I've looked on-line with FIOS and see they want a coaxial for each TV which costs additional money to install.  Can anyone tell me can all four of my TV's be hooked with FIOS just with my one coxial.  If it can't, I think I need to forego the FIOS idea.  I do have FIOS internet & phone.

Re: Thinking about switching from the Dish to FIOS but only have one coaxial in my home
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Verizon installer will be able to reuse your home's coaxial wiring. If it's old enough to need replacing, such as it's unable to carry a reliable MoCa signal, then it would require replacing.

Re: Thinking about switching from the Dish to FIOS but only have one coaxial in my home
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

If Dish and DirecTv worked with your existing coax, you shouldn't have any problem with FIOS.  The installer will simply disconnect the feed from the satellite dish and connect the feed from the Optical Network Terminal (ONT) in its place.

nucman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I made the switch from DISH to FIOS over 2 years ago.  The installer used all my existing coax cables to 4 different TVs with no problem.