This pricing is to high! Might go to comcast.
Createmore4me

I am getting charged $95 a month for internet service alone for the 50/50 plan. I tried explaning to the verizon reps but one said they would try to fix but nothing happened(been waiting for 3 days) and the other one couldn't even help me(3 days later after I talked to the first verizon rep). I could get 150 Mbps at comcast for less than $80 yet verizon wants to charge me $95 a month for the 50 plan. I don't care bout the upload speed really as I rarely upload.

EDIT:

I was getting charged $70 a month for the pass 4 month and I been hit with a $95 a month now and this is my 2nd month with the $95. I don't even know why my price changed to $25 more a month. It said in the "Details of current charge" FIOS internet 25/25 $84.99+ quantum  upgrade to 50/50 $10 a month. I was paying no where near $84 a month for fios. The most I paid was $60 for 25/25.

0 Likes
Re: This pricing is to high! Might go to comcast.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Couple of comments:

1) This is a peer to peer support forum, so the best we can offer is advice.

2) Do you have a bundle?

3) Are you under contract?

Either 2 or 3 can help you reduce your costs.

0 Likes
blou1

It's frustrating and I feel the same way.  Since I retired 1.5 yearss ago, and my budget is very tight, I've been dropping services to try to keep costs down.  First I let the TV go, then the phone service about 8 months ago.  My internet rate rose disproportionately to what I considered a very high rate of $84.99 for 50/50.  Today my rate is being raised again to $92.99.  I don't know if I'll still be in the area for two years so a contract is not a good option.  It really burns me as I just upgraded my Verizon router not realizing that their rates were going to rise again so soon.  Nevertheless, I certainly plan to look hard for a better alternative.

0 Likes
Createmore4me

I know this a peer to peer forum but sometimes a verizon rep will look at them. Have anyone tried comcast? I am just worried bout they're internet cap and whether they still have it or not. If they don't I might as well switch to the 75 Mbps which is rated at $66 after promitional period which is $44.95.

The 3rd rep I talked to seem to got my price down to $76.99 but he reduced my speed to 25/25 without telling me. I had 50/50 before for $70. This is just non sense. Right now I am suppose to pay $84.99 for 25/25 until the 7th month which is in a few weeks.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will eventually have the same issue when you switch providers.
They all give a cheap initial rate.

But after your first term prices go up.

0 Likes