Trouble Blocking Website Access Using Router
chili19
I was asked to block access to myspace and facebook in an office that uses Fios for Business. I did so using parental controls in their Verizon Fios router. It worked fine with IE and Firefox, however, employees quickly figured out they can still get to those websites using the browser built into AOL. How to I apply the same restrictions to the aol browser from the server or router?
0 Likes
Re: Trouble Blocking Website Access Using Router
prisaz
Legend

@chili19 wrote:
I was asked to block access to myspace and facebook in an office that uses Fios for Business. I did so using parental controls in their Verizon Fios router. It worked fine with IE and Firefox, however, employees quickly figured out they can still get to those websites using the browser built into AOL. How to I apply the same restrictions to the aol browser from the server or router?
Block AOL if they are bypassing your rules through AOL. The router may filter based on URL content that contains the key words myspace or facebook. If that does not work you can try blocking based on page content that contains those key words.
0 Likes