Trouble connecting to internet
spanky8992

Ok so here is the story. I use my laptop during the week at my house at school and bring it home to my parents on the weekend. The school house is the one with Verizon FiOs and that is the place that I cannot connect. Eveyone else is able to connect to the internet. I'm even able to connect my Xbox Live and iPhone. The only time it works is when I reset the modem, it works for maybe 45 minutes and then it goes back to the same problem. I tried the winsock fix. It didnt help. When it stops working, it sometimes says im connected to an unidentified network. It's all over the place. Im hoping someone has been able to fix this. Thanks in advance.  - Mike

0 Likes
Re: Trouble connecting to internet
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

So to confirm it sounds as if you are connecting wireless?  Is that true?  Are you certain you are connecting to your home wireless LAN network?  Can you verify the wireless LAN network you are connecting to.

0 Likes
spanky8992
Thanks for answering. I am connected wirelessly. Its the wireless network connection that im trying to connect to. Its the one that works right after i reset the router. But that is a pain and i live with other students so i cant just do that all the time. Any suggestions?
0 Likes
spanky8992
I dont know if this helps but right now im connected to the home network, however, the access type says no network access.
0 Likes
spanky8992
It seems like when this one person with an iphone walks in the house, i get cut off. Does that have anything to do with the ip address?
0 Likes