Trying to find service I originally signed up for
catlady1108
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm sure the Fios speed I signed up for is not the speed stated on my account page.  I'm currently paying for 15/5 (but getting 10/5) which is no better than the DSL speed I had before switching to Fios. I'm 1000% sure I wouldn't have switched from DSL to Fios for the same speed.  I tried to find my original agreement but it's not in my account info so I looked up order status.  That page requires an order number from my signup email which was discarded well over a year ago.  Is my order # the same as my account or customer #?  I'd really like to find out what I signed up for and when Verizon switched me to the slower plan.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trying to find service I originally signed up for
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you testing from Wireless? Make sure you test from a wired connection first. This ensures that the problem isn't with your provisioning. If you have FiOS TV 15Mbps/5Mbps should run at 20Mbps/5.5Mbps.

Also, unless you used VDSL, ADSL2+ runs at a maximum of 1Mbps as sold by Verizon. It's capable of 3.3Mbps but that's it and is rarely seen.

0 Likes
catlady1108
Enthusiast - Level 2

You misunderstood my question Smith6612. I believe the speed I signed up for was at least 25/10 or higher.  However, that speed package is no longer listed as a bundle option.  Instead, I have a 15/5 bundle but I'm paying the same amount as the faster bundle I signed up for.  I'm trying to find out what speed Verizon promised when I switched from DSL to Fios service.  I certainly wouldn't have gone through the headache of making the switch to get the same speed I had with DSL.

The speed test is a different matter altogether so I was going to post about that in a different thread but here's the deal.  When I do a speed test using Verizon's site, I'm getting 15/5 or better.  When I do a speed test on other sites immediately before or after a Verizon site test, they're always much slower on the download.   If speakeasy, testmyspeed and speedtest are all saying download is 9 or 10 but Verizon says it's 15, it makes me think twice about the accuracy and truthfulness of Verizon's test.  I realize testing wired vs. wireless makes a difference.  My issue is the discrepancy between tests.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@catlady1108 wrote:

That page requires an order number from my signup email which was discarded well over a year ago.  Is my order # the same as my account or customer #?  I'd really like to find out what I signed up for and when Verizon switched me to the slower plan.

No, the order number is not the same as your account number.

The "My Verizon" page shows order status, however I doubt that it goes back over a year.

If you have access to your statements from that time period, they do list the provisioned speed on them.  If your provisioned speed changed, you would be able to see that  be reviewing your statements.

It's unfortunate that you no longer have the order number.  I've learned that with Verizon, it is worthwhile to save all correspondence.

In another post, you commented that Verizon speed test does not agree with Speakeasy's speed test.  I can tell you that for me, they agree every time (+/- a few percent).  This was true when I had 15/5 and is true now that I have 50/25.  Make sure you're using a wired connection and try different servers from Speakeasy.

Finally, you could try contacting Verzion and asking them if your provisioned speed was changed.  They can be very helpful, especially with stuff like this.

Good Luck.

0 Likes