Two accounts at the same address?
GoldenEye7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi all, I'm new to the forums, so my apologies if I'm asking this in the wrong place.

I am currently living in a house with another family member. At this house, the house line is paid for by that other family member--it's a PHONE ONLY account.

I live upstairs, and I am an existing phone + DSL customer with MY OWN LINE and own account, seperate from the house line. I believe it comes right inside upstairs from a pole.

I would like to upgrade my existing account to FIOS internet/phone, but don't want it to have ANYTHING to do with the other/main house line that belongs to my other fmaily member. In other words, is there a way to just change MY line and not touch the other account? This other person wants their phone line to remain untouched, and I'd like that too.

Thanks in advance for any opinions/thoughts on this.

0 Likes
Re: Two accounts at the same address?
prisaz
Legend

Separate Accounts it should be possible. Unless they are on the same cable. Same wire from the pole, then Verizon may want to replace that with fiber.

Now you may be able to have the main residential account left as is, and have Fios installed as a business account. Some restrictions and higher cost. Restrictions on some VOD and PPV content, if I remember correctly. Business account would let you have a static IP at added cost, and also gives a second phone line as part of the bundle.

I have FiOS and had scheduled a Business FiOS install, but canceled because I found that it would not bind speeds, but only provide more connections through a dual WAN router. I was thinking more along the lines of 150+/70+ but two WANs probably would only help with many connections such as P2P, gaming, or multiple users.

But if you called the regular Fios sales and the said know, you could try the small business side and as them if you could have your line converted to a business account.

Only Verizon can answer these questions. I would talk to residential sales first, and see for sure if it is or is not possible to sell it that way. It may be difficult to get a yes or no. They may say yes when really it is no. Separate accounts it should be possible.

Or get business fios to replace your line, they are sort of a separate group. http://smallbusiness.verizon.com/

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

The key to doing this is do make sure the billing addresses are slightly different.

Even something as simple as 1234a Main St. as opposed to 1234 Main St. can make the difference.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Will Verizon do this if it not a valid street address?

I think they told me it would have to be like

Postal Customer

Basement

1234 Any Dr.

County, St Zip

If you use 1234a that may not be Valid.

Postal Customer

1234 Any Dr. #2

County, St Zip

But you would need a second box. So the first option may be best.

The post office is funny about these things, and it would be best to check with your post master at you local office. If you plan on getting a bill to a Unit or Apt. address in a single family home. They may say just use my first option. I am not really sure..

0 Likes