UNACCEPTABLE $69.99 Internet Activation Fee in DISPUTE STATUS
RyppedOFF

I was charged an Internet activation fee on my first bill for $69.99. $23.33 to be paid in 3 installments ???????

When i placed my order, nothing was discussed or mentioned about this "HIDDEN" fee.

I already had Verizon service. I am still using the same equipment. The only thing that changed was that i set up the new account under my wife's name with a new plan. Not only did they charge me for the activation fee, but also increased the pricing on my DVR service from $5.00 to $11.00 which they are supposed to adjust on my next bill ???(Remains to be seen).

I called Verizon and finally after jumping through a few hoops, was transferred to a supervisor.

Name: {edited for privacy}. Location: Tampa, FL Office. Dept: Billing Services.

He was extremely rude. Would cut me off and would not let me get a word in. He had already decided what his answer  was going to be before he even got on the phone with me. He was in charge, power, The almighty.

Here is the most dishonest thing i have ever heard. This is exactly what he told me quote to quote:

"Just because a rep at Verizon does not mention a charge to you verbally, does not mean that the charge does not exist"

WHAAAAAAAT !!!!

I am hoping that someone at Verizon is looking at all these messages. There are quite a lot of messages regarding these fraudulent practices by them. Hopefully someone will take action to resolve them.

0 Likes
Re: UNACCEPTABLE $69.99 Internet Activation Fee in DISPUTE STATUS
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: UNACCEPTABLE $69.99 Internet Activation Fee in DISPUTE STATUS
novapick

I just called today to setup my move and they said the same thing for me. I will be calliyng Comcast and Cox tomorrow...way to mistreat your loyal customers!

0 Likes