Unable to access dns2go.com
Rostokko

Anyone else seeing this? Greater Boston area; other websites check out ok, but dns2go is not reachable from my home connection; it does work fine if I VPN into my office.

That's of course a problem, as I use dns2go to resolve my domain name to the actual home machine.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to access dns2go.com
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I have a feeling this is a bad route, bogon issue vs a DNS issue.

If you can access your router, do the following, and you'll hopefully be working in 5 minutes.

Actiontec MI424-WR - RELEASE DHCP
Click on MY NETWORK icon at the top.
Select NETWORK CONNECTIONS from the menu on the left.
Select BROADBAND CONNECTION (coax or ethernet) depending on your connection to the ONT.
Click SETTINGS
Click RELEASE
Click APPLY
Disconnect the router immediately to prevent it from re-requesting a DHCP lease ---- wait 5 minutes, and turn it all back on and try again

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

DNS2Go seems to be working here. Does the problem go away when you change your system's DNS servers from Verizon's to something such as Google DNS? 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 are the IPs. Verizon's been having some DNS Troubles as of late it seems.

0 Likes
Rostokko

Same thing changing DNS to google...

0 Likes
billyrud

I'm also in the greater boston area and am unable to connect to several sites including dns2go from my residential account. I am however able to access those sites from a business account.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I have a feeling this is a bad route, bogon issue vs a DNS issue.

If you can access your router, do the following, and you'll hopefully be working in 5 minutes.

Actiontec MI424-WR - RELEASE DHCP
Click on MY NETWORK icon at the top.
Select NETWORK CONNECTIONS from the menu on the left.
Select BROADBAND CONNECTION (coax or ethernet) depending on your connection to the ONT.
Click SETTINGS
Click RELEASE
Click APPLY
Disconnect the router immediately to prevent it from re-requesting a DHCP lease ---- wait 5 minutes, and turn it all back on and try again

0 Likes
Rostokko

Yep, that made it.

Thanks a ton!

0 Likes