Unable to connect Panasonic HDTV to home network via Wi-Fi
Pants1

I am unable to connect my Panasonic TC-L37E3 to the internet via Wi-Fi.  I purchased the additional Wi-Fi adapter for the set, and while setting up the connection I am able to see my wireless network on the TV.

I have a basic WEP key, but I am unable to connect to the network via any of the connection options given.  For every option there is a two minute timeout which is the eventual result of each connection attempt.

My router is 9100EM, with at 10M/2M service plan.  I am unable to connect the TV directly to the router via CATV since it is a considerable distance.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue or can suggest any troubleshooting actions?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: Unable to connect Panasonic HDTV to home network via Wi-Fi
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try switching the router off of WEP and onto WPA2. There is a WEP Setting regarding Authentication that allows for Open or Closed authentication, but even then, devices expect Open. WPA2 is faster and more secure, and it's a good bet that the TV will work once you switch the router over.

You can change the security settings by going to http://192.168.1.1/ and logging in using admin as the username, and your router's serial number as the password. In the Advanced Wireless Settings, you'll find the option for WPA2. Enable that option with Pre-Shared Key and set a Passphrase (if one is not already set), and then set up your devices to use that Passphrase (is case sensitive) once you apply the settings.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to connect Panasonic HDTV to home network via Wi-Fi
MrsMark
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you can see your network on the TV after placing in the LG wireless adapter, you just need to go into settings and select the network then place in the password and select connect.  Check the network signal and make sure you are trying to connect to the correct network. 

Hope this helps.  I had similiar issue with an LG Blu-ray player.  I couldn't see the network at all because the adapter was not for my model Blu-ray. 

0 Likes