Re: Unable to connect to fios wifi...?
lickywinks
I shall attempt to reset to WPA2 to solve the iPhone 5 consistently dropping it's wifi connection or not finding such connection. This nonsense began with the IOS7 update. ATT is now charging me for overage on my data plan --- I'm convinced it's collusion between greedy corporate America. $10 bucks here, $10 bucks there, it all adds up! How many people really figure this stuff out?!

I've also noted that my Netflix doesn't want to stream through Apple TV from time to time yet other services like HuluPlus and PBS deliver fine. I'm not sure why Netflix is singled out but a swap of my two Apple TV units resolves the current problem. I supposed once I reset to WPA2 I'll need to reset the network setting on all wireless devices in the home. Wow, this kind if stuff must frustrate many Americans , much less semi-geeky women like me who have the time to figure this out! Oh, the insanity!

Here are instructions for setting router to WPA2. Choose your appropriate Verizon router here:
http://www.verizon.com/Support/Residential/Internet/fiosinternet/networking/setup/security/125521.ht...

0 Likes