Re: Update 15/15 to 25/25
sgsnathan

Just go an email a couple of days ago saying that my speed was upgraded to 25/25 for free from 15/15 which I had before. Funny thing is, I used to get 25/15 from the time it was 15/5. They had previously done the speed match to say it was going up to 15/15. In effect, the only change I am seeing now is that the upload speed has also moved up to 25 mbps. 

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Have you run a few speed tests to different servers at www.speedtest.net?

You may find that while your plan is now 25/25, you may be getting in excess of 25 mb/s download...maybe somewhere around 28-30 mb/s.

It's fairly typical for FiOS users to get speeds in excess of their plan.   I normally get ~80 mb/s up and down with my 75/75 plan.  I'm guessing Verizon does that to keep users happy, rather having users dissatisfied because they're not getting the speed they're paying for by a few mb/s.

If, on the other hand, you've tested before and after your free upgrade, and via a hard wired (vs. wifi) connection, and you're still getting the same download speed....well, you're still getting what you're paying for, right?  Smiley Wink

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Anything extra, usually comes with TV service. If you're getting 25/25 now, see if you get more from a Wired connection. You'll usually clock somewhere around 30Mbps in both directions if you're at 25Mbps and you have TV.

0 Likes
hitmehhh
Contributor - Level 1

Same thing with me. I was also getting better than 15/15 before the free upgrade.

0 Likes
SirWintermute

Well I just spoke to a customer service rep (had to get through a back and forth with one unhelpful/uninformed gatekeeper) and was able to get upgraded to the 25/25 at no extra charge, and keep my discount that I had for the first 24 mo! (I've been no contract since May 2014)

The first guy clearly didn't understand what I was asking but sure spoke confidently about how it wasn't possible.

0 Likes