Upgrade to wireless router
TJ1436

I've had the D-Link  Dl-604 since I first got FIOS about 5 years ago.  Will Verizon upgrade me to a free wireless router?  Thanks...

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade to wireless router
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

It certainly can't hurt to call and ask.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you call Verizon and let them know you have an older D-Link router that was supplied back when FiOS was first introduced, they shouldn't have a problem sending out a new router to you, especially if you have FiOS TV. Just connect the ActionTec/Westell router to the Internet using Ethernet, and connect any Coaxial cables for MoCa.

To be honest though, Access Points are cheap enough to the point where it's probably worth sticking with the D-Link until it gives up, if the D-Link has been serving you well for all of these years.

billm5

Hi, I've been with Verizon since the DSL days, and yes I have a d-604, 3 of the ports still work.

I had my first service call last year after 10 or 11 years and rewired a couple of rooms. I asked the same question you asked-router upgrade. The answer was well-we have a neat action tec 9100-etc and I could have it for only 149.95.  I bought it and it lasted for 7 months, plus adding wireless routers inside for additional networks is rather detail oriented. So I am back to the d-link 604.

Like a lot of companies new customers are the real target for marketing services for V. That s OK, over all my service has been 6-8 on a scale of 10. That s not bad for almost 32 years total services, starting with dial up.

0 Likes