VPN connection issue
lfreeman1

I have been working over VPN for several years without difficulties and am suddenly having problems. (Nothing has changed at my end -- same machine, same service, same connection). 

Certain applications (not all) on my company network repeatedly ask me to log back in after connecting to the network, or I get booted off for no apparent reason. I have no such difficulty when I work via remote desktop. Internal IT thinks that the problem is with my Verizon service and asks me to ask if Verizon is using a proxy. I do not have a dedicated IP address.

Don't know if this is enough information, and I'm kinda at the limit of my understanding of these things. Appreciate any help.

0 Likes
Re: VPN connection issue
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

No we do not use a proxy for your connection. I can't say what's going on with the VPN connection there. Are you losing complete internet connection or just to the VPN? If you are losing complete connection then that is something we have control over and to send me a private message. If its just the connection to your VPN or access to certain servers you will want to reach back out to your IT group.

0 Likes
kalamaloo

I have the same problem! I set up a VPN and it worked for a while and all of a sudden stopped working recently. Nothing has changed, the router settings stayed the same, vpn server settings stayed the same, etc. What's going on?

I checked to see if port 1701 is open and it says it's blocked.

I can only assume that the ISP (Verizon) has blocked this port. I contacted support and he/she said they don't block ports. I will need to call their tier 2 technical support. I hope I don't require a business plan. 

0 Likes
Mystic3

I also ran into a similar issue today, I had directed a sub domain to point to my home IP and then forwarded that port for internet to my home server and all was fine. I tested it and it all worked until I checked it today and all of a sudden its blocked. But this time I get a Verizon page not a server not found. What's the deal?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

I don't know if it was realeased yet when your first reported it, but some have found some VPN's such as Juniper and Checkpoint don't work with Microsoft fix  KB2585542.  It came out about a week ago.  Also is causing some probelems with Verizon's site and a number of other sites. 

JamesLaszko
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is your VPN an IPSEC or SSL client (or something else)?

You might also want to check out another ongoing issue:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/DNS-issues-in-SoCal/td-p/393781/page/6

You aren't in Southern California, are you?

Regards,

James