Verizon BBU Unit Giving Problems
Hensch84

I had a power outage a couple days ago and the battery to my BBU ran out. I replaced the battery and everything worked fine. Overnight I guess the battery lost its charge or something because the red light indicator came back on telling me to replace the battery again. It was a brand new fully charged battery 12v 7.2h I picked up at home depot. I read some online support page and it said to check the fuses. Anyone know who I can do that, and replace it if they are burnt out. Or do you think Verizon can send someone to my house to repair the unit?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon BBU Unit Giving Problems
weedeater1
Contributor - Level 3

There was a discussion about this not long ago.  you may want to search for it.

Basically the idea is to:

1. unplug the 120v power from the BBU.

2. remove/unplug the battery.

3. wait 5 minutes.

4. install/plugin the battery.

5. plug in the 120v power to the BBU.

Quoting from another thread:

...I have on several occasions had this condition with my FIOS service BBU, and as noted in the article link below, the resolution may be as simple as unplugging the BBU from the electrical outlet, then opening the battery compartment door to allow access to the battery, then unplug your battery terminal from the BBU so that it is not providing backup power.  Leave the battery disconnected for approx 5-10 minutes, then reconnect it to the BBU and put it back in the slot in the BBU box, then plug the electrical power back in to charge the system.  I have found this will eliminate the red light and audible warning signal, and your battery may continue to function fine for many more months/years....