Re: Verizon FIOS Actiontec MI424-WR Port Forwarding Problem
hyliangca

a picture is more than a thousand word!! it help me resolve the problem.

thanks

henry

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FIOS Actiontec MI424-WR Port Forwarding Problem
jjohns2

I thought I would relate my recent experience regarding this issue.  Specifically, son's 360 complained of NAT error, connection quality "Moderate".  This after years of being rated "Open" with no apparent change on our part.  When I looked at the 424's Port forwarding list, I saw many entries regarding the 360 with various IP addresses (we use DHCP) and forwarded ports.  I deleted all of the entries (about 5 of them) except for one with a low IP address (192.168.1.4) and one with the current IP address for the 360 ( .8).  I also told the .8 entry to "refresh" (probably not significant).  After applying and restarting, 360 test reported "open".  I looked at the 424's Port forwarding list again and saw that one more entry had been added at the bottom of the list.  I suspect that this was just created and fixed the problem.  I guessed that the port forwarding list was full or had conflicting entries.  Not sure why I had so many different entries for the 360 with different ports (from different games or updates?) but we had never done anything active to create them, and I hoped that they would be created automatically, like before.  That appears to be the case.

0 Likes