Verizon Fios Internet Help !!!!
xcareem
I've Recently Moved Into A New Apartment And I Wanted To Get Internet. I Heard It Took A Couple Hours To Install Everything. But Just A While Ago I Found A Fios Box In One Of The Closets, So How Will I Get That Activated ? Will They Still Have To Come Out Here ? Or Can I Buy A Router And Activate It Online ?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Fios Internet Help !!!!
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@xcareem wrote:
I've Recently Moved Into A New Apartment And I Wanted To Get Internet. I Heard It Took A Couple Hours To Install Everything. But Just A While Ago I Found A Fios Box In One Of The Closets, So How Will I Get That Activated ? Will They Still Have To Come Out Here ? Or Can I Buy A Router And Activate It Online ?

Hi there,

Verizon does a lot of self activations as well as tech visits. So if you have a FiOS Box in the closet then that is likely a place that qualifies for a self activation.  You'll have to call them or order it online and set up an account, and they will give you an activation date. they may need to ship you a router if you don't already have one.  If you're setting up internet only, then you can connect an ethernet cable to any router you want.  If you get TV on top of it, then you will probably need one of these bad boys.

View solution in original post

Re: Verizon Fios Internet Help !!!!
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@xcareem wrote:

Hi there,

Verizon does a lot of self activations as well as tech visits. So if you have a FiOS Box in the closet then that is likely a place that qualifies for a self activation.  You'll have to call them or order it online and set up an account, and they will give you an activation date. they may need to ship you a router if you don't already have one.  If you're setting up internet only, then you can connect an ethernet cable to any router you want.  If you get TV on top of it, then you will probably need one of these bad boys.