Verizon Internet security
Tetoe66

I have completely removed AVG. Verizon STILL! Will not load my internet security because its asking me to remove my AVG.  I did the add remove I went through blogs and I went to AVG's Website and used there removal through dos. Its gone. Why cant I load my Internet security from verizon that I am paying for. It keeps telling me to remove AVG! What do I got to do?!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Internet security
Hubrisnxs
Legend

there are little bits of avg still left around,  so this will be a couple steps but follow these instructions.  FYI I have not used this product below, so buyer beware, do at your own risk,   But from the reviews at the bottom of the page, it seems to work for quite a few people.   Norton and mcafee and other providers have similiar tools, so this is a common practice to remove their software to allow other products to install.  

Using AVG 2012 Removal tool

You can use AVG 2012 removal tool which removes all parts of AVG installation in your Computer, this includes: registry items, installation and user files on your hard drive etc.       During the uninstallation with the AVG Remover, all AVG user settings will be removed, as well as contents of the Virus Vault and other items related to AVG installation and use.

AVG 2012 removal tool

During the removal procedure, you will be asked to restart your computer. Please make sure to finish your work and to save all important data prior to AVG Removal tool launch.

avg remover 2012

Download AVG Remover 2012 (32-bit)

Download AVG Remover 2012 (64-bit)

After you are done.

try your installation again and let me know if it works now.  

0 Likes
Tetoe66

Appreciate the response. I did those over and over. I even redid them with your links its just not working. Keeps telling me to remove AVG. I been at it for well over 2 hours. My computer shows no traces of avg but verizon says its there. I dont know. I want to use there security but for some reason verizon doesnt want me to use it.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

maybe it's a wierd thing with the mcafee, and not avg after all. 

If that is the case then try these two things that are specific to mcafee and then let me know if it helps.

So the first is you want to download mcafee's uninstall tool.

http://majorgeeks.com/McAfee_Consumer_Product_Removal_Tool_d5420.html

Download install and run that.  Reboot your PC.

Then before trying to install mcafee, do their little pre-install program and it runs and checks and cleans up the PC before the installation of the actual mcafee software.

Download and run the McAfee PreInstall Tool:

1. Click the following link and save the file to your desktop:

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.exe

2. Double-click McPreInstall.exe.
  3. Click the Start button inside the Preinstall Tool.
  4. Read the warning message and click OKto agree to the changes.
  5. After the Preinstall Tool completes, click OK.
  6. Click Close and restart your computer.

After doing those two things, then I would personally use the in home agent to install the Verizon Security (i think it's the easiest way to do it)   and you can download install and run that by going to www.verizon.com/connect     after it's loaded and turned on then look in your notifications at the top and you will see one for your antivirus and a "click here to download"

let me know how that goes. 

0 Likes