Re: Verizon Routers
Miffed1
Enthusiast - Level 2

May I ask, do you work for Verizon as either a direct hire employee or contractor?

Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@Miffed wrote:

No, you will not see an Actiontec MI424-WR Rev G, on eBay because of the exclusivity agreement between Verizon and Actiontec.

What does an exclusivity agreement between VZ and Actiontec have to do with rev. G routers appearing on eBay?

Actiontec routers sold on eBay are sold be private parties, not by VZ or Actiontec. 

Rev. G routers have in fact been sold on eBay.  However they are scarce since there are relatively few 150/35 customers and of those customers even fewer have canceled leaving a rev. G to be disposed of.

Hubrisnxs
Legend

niether sir,  that's just a good deal.  you may ask if I work for trendnet though since I am pushing their product.  that may make more sense. 

Miffed1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Prove that they have been sold on eBay.

0 Likes
Miffed1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Understand.  It is a principle thing with me, not a money issue.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Well, I can definetely understand that, I think you would find a better avenue to discuss this with verizon if you posted this in their Ideas Exchange   Verizon Product Managers monitor and have been known to answer requests.   

I searched there, and there are some like minded individuals here, you can go vote, and post your comment for reply, I've also Voted for that idea.

Here's the Link 

FIOS Wireless Modem Upgrade from B/G to B/G/N?

This is more of a Peer to Peer forum, so this is customers helping other customers with problems and solutions.  The Ideas Exchange is a good avenue to communicate an idea forward to Verizon.  

Miffed1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks.  I see they attempted to address the N issue, but not the GigE.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

You're standing on principle rather than just getting what you need for ~$35.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/D-Link+-+Green+Ethernet+5-Port+10/100/1000+Gigabit+Ethernet+Switch/79077...

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

A gentle reminder folks, to keep things respectful and courteous. Remember that even if you mean something in jest, that does not always convey itself in the printed text, particularly when a discussion already has some heat to it.

Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@Miffed wrote:

Prove that they have been sold on eBay.

The following link has a number of post from people that purchased rev. G routers on eBay.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r24921891-