Verizon Utility Pole leaning towards building
MS11361

Hi,

There is a Verizon uitlity pole located at the corner of 42nd Avenue and 213th Street in Bayside, NY that is leaning towards my building.  It also appears that the base of the pole may have some rot.  Please investigate immediately and replace the pole before it causes any damage.  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Utility Pole leaning towards building
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

How do I report a downed telephone pole or telephone lines?

If you have a downed telephone line in your area, please report it to Verizon Repair at 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966). For your own safety do not touch or move the downed line as power lines can be confused with phone or cable connections.

http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/fiostv/general+support/top+questions/questionsone/1302...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.  I don't have a backhoe to fix the pole.  If other customers do, they probably don't have the authority to work on it.

Most poles are owned by the local power company.  Verizon and other utilities rent space on the poles for their lines.  If the pole in question has (or had) power on it, you should report it to the local power company.  They should have the responsibility to fix it.  Your local government or emergency services may be able to help determine the pole's owner.

If you're certain it's Verizon's pole, you'll need to contact them directly.  You can find contact options by clicking here: Contact Us.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

How do I report a downed telephone pole or telephone lines?

If you have a downed telephone line in your area, please report it to Verizon Repair at 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966). For your own safety do not touch or move the downed line as power lines can be confused with phone or cable connections.

http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/fiostv/general+support/top+questions/questionsone/1302...

0 Likes