WCB3000N not working
rcchurch

I purchased the WCB3000N per Verizon's suggestions since we weren't able to access the wi-fi in the rectory. Well the extender router isn't working. The Coax light blinks green (not sure if that is bad cause the instructions that come with the router is pathetically deficient) and the wi-fi doesn't show up on available networks at all. I can't even access the internet when I use the ethernet cable. Any suggestions that don't include a baseball bat?

thanks,

Kathy

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WCB3000N not working
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

You need to upgrade your router to a Actiontec Rev I or the Fios Quantum Gateway.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the coaxial conection you're plugging the range extender into connecting back to the same coaxial network your FiOS router and TVs plug into? How many splitters are in between the Range extender and the ONT?

Also, if this is a long coaxial run, how many feet approximately are you working with?

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The netwotk extender uses MOCA which needs to connect with coax wiring back to the Verizon router. Like Smith6612 said it needs to be on the same coax network connected to Verizon.

0 Likes
rcchurch

The cable is coming out of the wall and normally goes into the TV cable box. 

As far as I'm aware the only splitter is the one I am using for the extender.

I have no idea how long the cable is.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Are you using the red Verizon router Rev. I or the Fios Quantum Gateway G1100?

0 Likes
rcchurch

Neither. I am using a black router. M1424WR.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

You need to upgrade your router to a Actiontec Rev I or the Fios Quantum Gateway.

0 Likes