Webmail constantly timing out
wjharriso
Enthusiast - Level 1

Switched to FiOS in December, and use the My Verizon Webmail client to read/compose email.  Works OK when it stays up, other than CC'ing myself on every email, and adding a Re: every time I reply, but those are minor cosmetic things.  The biggest problem I have is that my Webmail sessions are constantly, and I mean all the time, timing out.

I have read the Support and Forum postintgs telling me that this only happens after 10 minutes of inactivity, but I have it happen literally seconds after logging in.  And the statements that the client will save a draft when it times out is just patently false, as I never once have had a draft saved when I re-login; 100% of the time my work is lost if I was composing a message.

I have refreshed, reinstalled, and tried three different browsers, and all of them see this problem.  This happens whether I am logged in via my home PC on the FiOS network, or remotely from my workplace network, and there is no predictability at all as to when it happens; right after login, while composing a message, when hittingthe next message key, etc., but it most certainly is not happening at a time of inactivity.

What can I do to prevent this from happening?

Re: Webmail constantly timing out
redleg13e
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem!!!!!!!!!!!!  I thought that it might be my computer but I never had this problem with the same computer on Comcast!

Thanks for posting your question!  I anxiously await someone's reply to it!

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you guys by any chance filtering out session cookies in the browser or through a security suite?

0 Likes
BobL-FF
Enthusiast - Level 1

This started happening to me two weeks ago, and it doesn't matter what browser or machine I use - IE6, IE8, Firefox 11 all do it, both at work and at home.  I went online with their technical help to report it, let him take control of my PC, and after a long session of checking my browser settings and changing none of them, it worked long enough to delete a few emails and read one.  I thanked him, logged out.  Logged in again two minutes later, and it still does it.  Sometimes it happens seconds after logging in, with no action at all; sometimes after calling up a message, sometimes after deleting a message.  Sometimes I can delete single messages, but not tag groups of them for deletion.  It's random, but it fails every time in some manner, within seconds of login.

IT IS THEIR FAULT, NOT OURS.

0 Likes
MollieOllie

I am having this same problem and have looked thru the community for others with this problem.  It looks like this is a problem dating back from 2010!  Why?  I will be anxious to see if this gets any reply or answers.  I just recently (past 2months) switched from Verizon DSL to FIOS and was using the MSN premium until that was no longer available.  I do not like this email set up.

0 Likes
sandradams222

Has anyone received an answerbto this problem?

0 Likes
mvantas

I am having this same problem. It started out only happening randomly and rarely, but now is happening EVERY time I try to read or write email or move emails into a folder to save, and it is NOT after 10 or 20 minutes of inactivity, it is almost immediate. Someone please help.

0 Likes