When will my neighborhood geet FIOS?!!!!!!!!!!!!!
meltedone52

Here's one for you:

Household in southern California; have had verizon DSL service since 2004.  That is when it first became available.  Waited a long time to get it (1998-2004)

Well, I would love to be able to take advantage of the great offers from Verizon to get FIOS TV, Internet, Phone service for only 89 to 99 dollars a month without a service contract.  I get at least two flyers in the mail each week, and one in each bill.  but guess what, It is not available in my area.  I check constantly online, and also through phone calls.   Houses in my city much older than mine already have it.  And city surrounding mine have it.  What is the deal?   Will probably swith to cable internet, Directv and drop the land line.  Verizon has begun to nickle and dime me to death and I am sick of it.

0 Likes
Re: When will my neighborhood get FIOS?!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wegster
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am you 3000 mi away on the east coast.  I have the same problem as you with one topper,  my town has been wired for fios for approx. 11 months & we're still waiting for the service.  you probably know more about getting fios connected than I do.  I've made more calls within the company than you would believe and no one seems to have an answer why it's taking so long.  

jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

My question for both of you is:  Is Fios Internet available or is just FIOS TV not available.

Remember that for TV service Verizon must get approval from each township to grant TV access.   There is nothing stopping them from providing Phone or Internet.

Re: When will my neighborhood geet FIOS?!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sunsetpark427
I live in Brooklyn, NY 11232 and I can't get Fios in my house meanwhile the have it across the street. Right now the only cable network that carries MSG is Fios and I can't get it in my house. This makes no sense, why can't I get it? What's the problem? Would it be that much of a problem to do what needs to be done so I can get Fios in NY house? Is there anything I can do? Maybe get petitions signed? Its killing me not being able to watch my NY Knicks and NY Rangers on MSG, then they want me to spend $170 for the season for NBA League pass when all I want to see are the Knicks play not every NBA team. Any help here
0 Likes
Re: When will my neighborhood geet FIOS?!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@meltedone52 wrote:

Here's one for you:

Household in southern California; have had verizon DSL service since 2004.  That is when it first became available.  Waited a long time to get it (1998-2004)

Well, I would love to be able to take advantage of the great offers from Verizon to get FIOS TV, Internet, Phone service for only 89 to 99 dollars a month without a service contract.  I get at least two flyers in the mail each week, and one in each bill.  but guess what, It is not available in my area.  I check constantly online, and also through phone calls.   Houses in my city much older than mine already have it.  And city surrounding mine have it.  What is the deal?   Will probably swith to cable internet, Directv and drop the land line.  Verizon has begun to nickle and dime me to death and I am sick of it.

How far away are those homes from you that have FiOS? Did Verizon run any new lines by your home in the last few years that did not pertain to copper services?

@wegster wrote:
I am you 3000 mi away on the east coast.  I have the same problem as you with one topper,  my town has been wired for fios for approx. 11 months & we're still waiting for the service.  you probably know more about getting fios connected than I do.  I've made more calls within the company than you would believe and no one seems to have an answer why it's taking so long. 

Have you tried getting a ticket put into Engineering to see if perhaps there is a database issue with your particular address? Did Verizon run the Fiber lines down the poles behind/in front of your home or bury the cabling recently?

@sunsetpark427 wrote:
I live in Brooklyn, NY 11232 and I can't get Fios in my house meanwhile the have it across the street. Right now the only cable network that carries MSG is Fios and I can't get it in my house. This makes no sense, why can't I get it? What's the problem? Would it be that much of a problem to do what needs to be done so I can get Fios in NY house? Is there anything I can do? Maybe get petitions signed? Its killing me not being able to watch my NY Knicks and NY Rangers on MSG, then they want me to spend $170 for the season for NBA League pass when all I want to see are the Knicks play not every NBA team. Any help here

Ah, that's right. Time Warner doesn't carry MSG as of the start of 2012. People here in the Buffalo area are truly missing watching their Sabres games. Those who are fortunate enough to be able to use a Satellite Dish or get FiOS still get to watch it. Out where I am, your only choice if you want MSG at your home until Time Warner and MSG make ends meet is to go to DirecTV, or to head to the Internet and find a way to get your content.
If the home across your home has FiOS and you do not, I would also suggest bringing up the issue with engineering within Verizon. It's possible that your street has it, but there's a database issue, or your home sits on a Central Office line; One CO is wired, the other one, isn't. It's also possible Verizon forgot to even run cabling down, at which point engineering might also be able to flag it as an issue if they see a hole in a fully-built CO.
0 Likes
chuckarm

0 Likes